Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mr Fusion Meets the Prime Minister

Please excuse the cryptic title. Those of you who enjoy the TV show "Monk" will understand. Well, what an interesting morning. Today I had the opportunity to photograph our Prime Minister. FACSIA hired me to cover a special function at the Hyatt which the PM attended. What was really bizarre was getting caught in the media scrum (my first!) when the PM arrived - trying to jostle for position with about 6 other press photographers & television news crews as well. I felt like a paparazzi trying to catch a celebrity on the red carpet at a Hollywood movie launch! The fun part was getting to boss the PM around...... well not really, but I did get to tell him where to stand & when to smile......... :-) Unfortunately I can't post any of the photos as the Department will probably be purchasing the copyright & the image usage will be restricted.

No comments: